Photo Source: Music Jewellery Online
New York, NY – WQEB 97.3 gets up close and personal with rapper NÜK.
- Thank you so much for joining us. Can you tell us a story about what bought you to this specific career path?
My grandfather is a legendary blues drummer in Mississippi. Music runs in my blood.
2. Can you share the most interesting story that happened to you since you started doing this?
I got shot at and wrote a song “Im Gon Get Chu!!!”. The very first concert I ever went to in my LIFE was to see my favorite group perform on stage, Bone Thugs n Harmony; I also opened up for them the same night.
3. Which tips would you recommend to your colleagues in your industry to help them to thrive and not “burn out”?
Don’t do drugs and wear condoms.
4. None of us are able to achieve success without some help along the way. Is there a particular person who you are grateful towards who helped you ge4t to where you are? Can you share a story?
My left hand man DKAPA, out there in Chicago. We go back like a ’85 Delorean and been down four flats on a Cadillac.
5. How have you used your success to bring goodness to the world?
I haven’t. I don’t measure my successes that way… if anything, my goodness that I put into the world… bought me success.
6. Do you have a favorite “Life Lesson Quote”?
No, I don’t.
7. How can our readers follow you on social media?
You can follow me @NUKnoE on all platforms.
8. Do you have any events coming up?
Yes, I’m performing live October 24th at Brinson’s Downtown – 341 Madison Avenue, Memphis, TN 38103. Tickets are available on eventbrite, the venue is 18+ from 9PM -1AM.